March 2nd 11am-3:45pm @ BLAP Family Team Sports games! Lots of fun activities for all the family! Refreshments and lunch provided! Prizes to be won on each tournement! See you saturday!
Join us at Blackbird Leys Adventure Playground
We welcome volunteers to help us provide a fun place where 8 – 13-year-olds can meet after school each day, learn new skills, enjoy good food and make full use of all the activities on offer. The main thing volunteers can do is listen to and encourage the children and young people.
We are looking for people who willing to commit to helping at BLAP one afternoon a week, from 3.00-5.30, and have time to occasionally meet with other volunteers and staff. For discussion and training.
- You could help with the cooking of the food for the children help and lead cookery group
- You could help on the arts and craft table
- If you have a hobby, you could introduce this at BLAP
- Enjoy being active? Help outside with trampoline, basketball net, football and dodgeball area, climbing frame and zip wire.
- You could be a gardener wanting to help them grow food
- Or you might like to offer help with administration work earlier in the day
All volunteers will be expected to come for an interview, we understand that people volunteer for a variety of reasons and we are happy to make your time at BLAP a useful one.
DBS checks and 2 references are essential as is attending a short course in safeguarding.
You would be part of a team who would always be available to help you. We also have a volunteer’s handbook that includes some basic details to help you get the best out of the experience.